Mobility systems: aiming to improve mobility in human-made environments, including wheeled assistance mobile robots and automated vehicles, with focus on:
- · assistive mobile robots and human-robot interaction in human environments
- · human-robot collaborative navigation and perception systems
- · multimodal human-machine interfaces with high reliability and usability
- · methods and algorithms for new urban mobility/transportation systems
- · autonomous compensation of physiological motions not known in advance, autonomous null-space motion guaranteeing trocar constraints, high-fidelity haptic feedback, and accurate motion and force control
- · telerobotic systems for remote ultrasound diagnosis, including compliant motion control driven by image data
- · robotic systems for rehabilitation, including clothes design with embedded biosensors running on harvested bio-energy or batteries
- · How to solve the problem of environmental sensing and perception?
- · How to represent efficiently large natural environments (semantic representation and topological mapping)?
- · How to reason and decide best actions in natural environments?
- · How to address the previous problems in multi-agent environments (eventually heterogeneous and including humans)?
- · Development and assessment of energy efficient technologies (such as lighting systems or electric motors and drives);
- · Impact assessment of energy-related products;
- · Design of smart grid architectures and energy storage systems to the large scale integration of renewable generation.
Computational Intelligence: computational learning methodologies, and intelligent control, with applications in robotics, intelligent vehicles, human-centered applications, soft sensors, and process control, giving special attention to industry applications and knowledge transfer.